Tuesday, June 14, 2005
Gees. I'm so shagged out man. Am doing my Literature homework, and man. Few weeks of not writing any Literature stuff really creates alot mess out there. Have been trying to come up with my sentences and words to use for my answers. Worst I've even forgoteen what's the difference between metaphors and similies. Need to analyse that prose again. Sheesh, man. SHEESH.
A simile compares one aspect of an object or action to that of another. Example of a simile " John eats like a pig"
A metaphor makes a total connection between two objects. Example of a metaphor " John is a pig"
Go figures.
Mom's been nagging at me for not studying. I mean, she's not even at home and how does she know that i'm not studying at all. Seems like no one in the house believes i'm doing my revisions. So be it then, i do not give a damn about it.
On the happier note, I didnt regret going for the high tea on Saturday. Definitely a good time of catching up with my mates and all. And yes, I raise my hands and feets in agreeing to go for an alumni. I'll definitely fork out the time and effort to participate for it. Went to Hotel Inter-Continental for it. Emms. The main highlight of the day was how Mr Fong plays a piano. Totallly amazing. Hah, I cant really describe it totally but yeah. Whatever songs we requested for, he didnt flinched abit. Indeed, a professional.
And you know, it seems like he dances along with the music that he plays on the piano.Seems like dancing to me, just that he doesnt get off the piano seat. He taps his feet, extend his leg out ( Crap. I really have no idea how he does it. ) the piano, hums whatever he plays, closes his eyes while hitting the notes. I've realised.. that is the X-factor for a musician. He plays with his soul. He's enjoying himself thoroughly.
That's what he's been implenting in the handbellers during every practices. Play your music instruments with your soul. It definitely creates a different YOU.
Definitely, Mr Fong's words paid off. PL Handbells managed to cliched the Honors because of the X-factor. It's already in us. *grins
And yes, he asked me what i intend to do after the Os. I've told him that I'm pretty keen on the Media. Like writing scripts. Instead of replying that Spore aint very much into the scriptwriters and flim making like most other say when I tell them my dream. He tells me that he has some reccomendation in his company ( or something like that) and even told me how creative they were--- except how they sucked at Maths. ( HAH, that's so me.) And then, he asked to go TP to further my interest.
How cool is he, huh. He's not only a instructor, a conductor but also a good friend. No airs about him, although he holds a good status.
I've realised when i'm writing out this post, it has really extend my appreciation to him to an extra mile.
Alright. Shall stop here! Gotto finish up my Homework!
6/14/2005 01:22:00 PM/ i know what you want to say