It's about 7.22am now and I cant sleep. Just sent little sister to school, and I CANNOT sleep even though i'm sleepy. ( Yes, very ironic. ) Last night, Handbells performed for the ASEAN ministers. Definitely, a very tiresome day for me. ( probably because I didnt get really move for the past 3 months. ) Heck it though, I had a very good time with my mates. We performed in SMU's Library. Rehearsals were alright, but i have got to mention that PL Handbells were really the most " gentle" one. I mean, the rest of the performers consisted of breakdancing, really loud " instruments" ( they creatively used dustbin, frying pan, washing board to create music. Rather cool, actually.) So, yeap! Can you imagine that we were all in our very fairy-tale like costumes while the rest were in their hip-hop clothings? Rather hilarious, seriously. :)
( Okay, i cant really concentrate what I'm typing. That's because I've got mossies bites on my hands, arms and legs. ( and boy, they really are a killer; those itch) )
We spent most of our times chit-chatting ( as usual!), laughing and stuff like that. ( You know, that's the only capable thing that we can really do. Oh well! Wenxin dearest wanted to play games like " Say Marcoroni" " 123 game" ---- just really old-kiddy games. Oh! " Who stole the cookie (pot) jar" as well. Obviously, most of us violently protested. ( Make me the loudest. :D) So, I gave them some IQ questions--- learnt it from Fel. Hahaa. Well, most of them couldnt get the answers and was really really worked out when they got it wrong. :) At least, we all had something to think about.
No doubt, intelligent PLhandbellers got it right after giving them very obvious clues. Ha!
Ms Goh treated the Ex-Handbellers at TCC. Hmms, we were all half-way through testing Ms Goh's intelligence ( On IQ tests-- ultimately, we spent our time asking very lame IQ tests. HA!) when that call had to interupt our test with her. Hymphs. So, she still dont know what time is it now.. HAH! :D Oh yes, the mango pudding was really good.
Fast forward! ( I'm feeling sleepy now.)
We all changed into our costumes in one of the study rooms in the library and headed down to the toilet for make-up. Aiayah. I was so damn happy with my hair all spiked out and everything. ( Hello, I haven been able to spike my hair up for 2 whole months already) I was like, " WHAO. I'm so happy with my hair! * fingers running all over my hair* EH! I'm really happy with my hair! " Anyway, you get the point.
Went downstairs to meet the rest. Erm, rather embarrassing.. cus they all had huge reactions about it. Ms Goh mentioned that I'm wearing a dress, and couldnt do up my hair so punkish. ( I sort of anticipated it. But the thing is, I really felt like a vain-potty in the toilet. HAHA. ) Heartbroken, I had to allow Lynette to put it down. Aiyoh, imagine my dismay! :(
Nope, Mr Fong didnt manage to make it to conduct us. But hey, we managed it really well. Ms Yoong came over as well to lend us her support. Smiled ( even though i was really really drained out already. And the FOOD! Gosh, the FOOD out there made my mouth water. Maureen and I were painfully looking at the fruit tart. My mind played, " Just one? Please.. give me one small fruitart?" ) and played our SYF pieces for the last time. (??) Oh yes, I have to mentioned that we all moved and swayed. ( just that it wasnt a 100 % feel of SYF05`) During the rehearsals, I saw the video that Lena and Pearly held that consisted us playing our pieces last year with all the passion to ring it all out. Showed it to the rest as well, and we obviously realised that we were really "stoned" --- unlike last year.
Some of us took a photo with one of the Vietnam Minister who mentioned about having 500 bells. ( Gold, silver, wood ( Yes, wood!) glass ones) He was rather enthusiatic and curious about our bells.
At the end of the night, all the performers came up on stage and waved our goodbyes. Hahahha! Shook hands with the ministers who came out on stage. One of them looked at me and scanned the rest. He said, " Hey, you're the most punkish one." I stifled a very very weak laugh while Xuan was teasingly poking me, " Eh, Punkish!"
Ha. Ha. Ha. Short Hair's cool, okay?
Anyhow, we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly! :D Though a day that require loads of alertness, enthusiasim and all, it was indeed a fruitful one!
PL Handbellers, We Rock the stage with our Music!
Bed, here i come. Tuck me in! :)
3/24/2006 07:21:00 AM/ i know what you want to say