Tuesday, April 04, 2006
I really ought to control my temper. I've got to learn to master the art of holding your breath for 5 seconds and letting it out again whenever someone makes me really mad.
I've been rather harsh with my sister and the situation isnt good. Let's just hope that this post of mine will remind me to CONTROL my temper.
I've realised that lil sis is growing and she aint a kid already. SO, I have to learn to give her some space and respect as well. Yelling at her wouldnt work fot her anymore. Seems like I have to learn to be nice to her, patiently telling her what's right and wrong. Thing is, my tolerance level has been deteriorating really quickly ( I think it's gonna defuse very very soon ) and I might just suffer from a relapse for bottling up my frustrations in me.
Kids her age are definitely growing fast. No doubt, much street-wise and smarter as well. When I was 12, i knew nuts about "lesbianism" or any subject that revolved around social relationships. Right now, 11 year old kids are blogging, getting involved in "husband-wife relationship" in school. ( Thank goodness lil sister aint involved in such childish and outrageous situations) Frankly, I never liked the idea about "Husband-wife, sister-brother" relationship in school, and that's why I dont even get involved in such "play acting" or however it is to be. It just seems.... weird. I mean, to call someone " wife" or "Husband" across the school canteen. In other words, it is totally gross--- in my context. I repeat again, thank goodness little one isnt like that. :) So, dont influence her or i'll spank your bottom.
In other words, I am to admit that kids these days are really exposed to the outside world ; through the internet, through words from their friends, or worse being influenced by their older siblings. "Monkey see, Monkey do" that's my dad's favourite phrase and it really works. Come to think of it, I ought to think twice about the language that i use when talking to my little one. I can definitely talk "liberately" with my big sister, but I really ought to think twice when I communicate with my lil sis... all because I love her and I want the best from her.
4/04/2006 11:05:00 PM/ i know what you want to say